Old March 4th 18, 06:03 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
[email protected]

Default 5.25" floppy drive to IDE to USB?

On Saturday, April 18, 2009 at 5:01:44 PM UTC-5, Anthony K. wrote:
Is it possible to get a vintage 5.25" PC floppy drive connected to a
modern PC with no floppy controller and just USB/FireWire inputs? Do IDE
5.25" floppy drives exist? If so, I could drop one into a USB enclosure.
Is there an adapter that would let me connect a floppy drive to an IDE
interface?

My specific machine is a Macintosh so I'm certain there are additional
BIOS issues, but I figure, as long as I am able to get the drive mounted
via USB, I could run Windows or just virtualize DOS in order to see the
drive properly.

Any ideas?

Anthony K.

What about an Ide to 5.25 and 3.5 chord will that work for you ??