Old October 16th 09, 11:07 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Rod Speed

Default I think I've solved my Spin Retry Count problem

Yousuf Khan wrote:
Yousuf Khan wrote:
Daniel Prince wrote:
How long were your IDE cables? Were they flat or round?

They were around 20 inches long, from the furthest ends.

Now, they were rounded cables in both cases. I had thought of using
flat cables, but in the crowded conditions in my case it was pretty
difficult to use them without moving a lot of stuff around. Plus the
rounded cables gave better cooling.

Just an update on this old issue. I finally got a chance to try the
same drives with the flat IDE cables, and the results were the same
as when using the rounded ones. Still no spin retry problem when
using the SATA converters and cables, but the problem always crops up
when using any sort of IDE cable.

Something very strange going on there. Most dont get spin retrys with IDE cables.