Old August 7th 08, 06:00 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
1uk3[_2_]

Default HP Color LaserJet 5550 - Copies Multiplied

Warren Block;759465 Wrote:
1uk3 wrote:

I'm hoping someone might be able to point in the right direction

with
this.

At work, we have a HP Color LaserJet 5550 which is on our
network/domain. Some users have complained that the printer is

printing
a multiple of the copies requested.

For example if a user selects to print 2 copies of a document, 4

copies
will print. If they choose 3 copies, 9 copies will print. (2 x 2 =

4
and 3 x 3 = 9).

My guess is that one of the group thinks they have to set both the
application and the printer driver to print multiple copies. That
would
explain the multiplication.

Then that member of the group showed all the others how to do it.

This only happens for some users who are all located in a certain

area
of the building which to me points to it being a network issue but

I'm
not sure of how to trouble shoot this to find the cause.

Could it be anything to do with a faulty switch do you think?

Seems unlikely. I can think of ways to do that, but not to come up
with
the multiplication.

Thanks for getting back to me Warren - much appreciated.

I've checked everyone's settings and no-one has multiple copies set-up
anywhere as default - good idea though which would have explained the
issue.