Old August 6th 08, 04:55 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
measekite

Default HP Color LaserJet 5550 - Copies Multiplied

wrote:
hello sir,

I'm Hanumesh from Digicom Systems Pvt Ltd., we are IT solution
provider

No you are not.

You are a spammer.

& we are business parter of HP,IBM,APC we would like to have
your contact no. so that we can solve your problem visiting your
office.please contact us using below address,

Systems (Blr) Pvt. Ltd.,

snip due to spamming

1uk3 wrote:

Hello all,

I'm hoping someone might be able to point in the right direction with
this.

At work, we have a HP Color LaserJet 5550 which is on our
network/domain. Some users have complained that the printer is printing
a multiple of the copies requested.

For example if a user selects to print 2 copies of a document, 4 copies
will print. If they choose 3 copies, 9 copies will print. (2 x 2 = 4
and 3 x 3 = 9).

This only happens for some users who are all located in a certain area
of the building which to me points to it being a network issue but I'm
not sure of how to trouble shoot this to find the cause.

Could it be anything to do with a faulty switch do you think?

Anyway, hope someone can give me some kind of idea of how to go forward
with this.

Thanks in advance.