Old May 27th 08, 02:11 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One[_2_]

Default REG:BLACK SCREEN

- Does the "black or blue" happen upon launching into the game shell (i.e.
when the intro movie plays) or into the actual 3D mission?
- Be sure to set FSAA to "application controlled" in the driver control
panel.
- Have you tried reinstalling the game? Sometimes a game does some
autoconfiguration in the background the first time you run it. Do a fresh
install of COD4 (don't use any saved profiles or config files).
- What are your current SmartGART settings? Best to take a screenshot and
post it on www.imageshack.us

wrote in message
I have a problem with my pc after replacing my video card (6800gt)
with an Ati x850xt. When i try to pay games like COD4 the screen
sometimes goes black and sometimes blue with letters that cannot
be recognized. This is the second video card of the same type i
tried
and both have the same problem. I did everything to fix this issue
from formating and reinstalling windows to adding new and old
display drivers. I have also updated bios and mobos drivers as also
remove all my computers components and replace the back again.
My computer is p4 3mhz Prescott 2mgb ram ddr 400 motherboard
msi 865PEM3 ILS video card ATI RADEON X850XT AGP os WXP Pro
sp2.
I have run out of ideas and i need help.