Old April 21st 07, 03:50 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Boba & Ilinka

Default Installing RAID on Intel motherboard

Try to press ctrlshift i

boba vankufer
wrote in message
oups.com...
On Apr 19, 8:11 pm, wrote:
On Apr 19, 3:39 pm, " wrote:

I am having a great deal of difficulty installing RAID on a new
computer I have just completed. The motherboard is a Intel GD965WH. I
have two WD SATA drives that seem to show up in the bios, as well as
two SATA optical drives and a floppy.

I can access the bios OK, and have set the drive configuration to RAID
and the mode to Native. Actually this was the way it was set the
first time I accessed the BIOS.

The problem starts with the next step: entering the "option ROM user
interface. The instructions indicate I should press ctrl and i
when the storage manager screen appears. The screen appears for a
fraction of a second and I hit ctrl and i, but this fails to enter
the interface. BIOS goes on to attempt to boot.

I have attempted this perhaps 25 times, and would think that I would
hit it in that number of attempts. I found a trouble shooting
suggestion, on the Intel site, that said in this eventuality I should
"enable Addon ROM Display Mode" in the boot menu, but my BIOS does not
have that option.

Any help would be appreciated.
Dave

wht level of raid u creating and i assume u have a raid controller- Hide
quoted text -

I intend on using RAID 1. This board has a on-board raid controller.