Old December 28th 06, 06:09 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.ati
First of One

Default ati x1650 pro

How many pins does the "S-Video" port have on the back of your X1650 Pro? If
it has four pins, then it's output-only. If it has nine pins, it is a VIVO
port with capture capability.

I'm surprised the X1650 actually turned out to be a little faster than your
FX 5900 XT. Should have gone for something like this for a meaningful speed
improvement: http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=20526

"prdtr" wrote in message
I just picked up an X1650 pro at FutureShop today. My goal was to breath
a little life into my AGP based system. My old card was Nvidia FX 5900 XT,
and found it getting slow at the newer games...I also used the S video
input on the old card to watch the dish via nvida capture driver. My
hangup is that my new card is little faster the the old card, yeah! but
to my dismay it don't look like it supports S video input?? bummer....
Can anyone shed a little light on this.... I thought this feature was
standard issue on all cards, Nvidia based cards always have had it...

Prdtr