Old December 14th 06, 09:46 PM posted to comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.storage
Arno Wagner

Default What should i choose RAID 5 or RAID 10

Previously wrote:
I'm going to get a new RAID Hard Drive array setup soon, and i was
wondering, since i'm pairing up a 3Ware 9590SE-8LP in my computer to
run a Seagate 80GB SATA 7200RPM RAID 1 Array for Windows, as well as
linux and etc. my second hard drive array is kind of tricky, I can go
with the 4 Seagate 320GB SATA 7200RPM on a RAID 10 array or a RAID 5
with the 4th as a seperate HD for the Page File, Temp, etc. I use my
computer to develop web pages, edit video, play video games, and will
possibly use it as a DVR for the TV in that room as well, later on. not
to mention work, pictures, basic computing tasks, and developing some
mods for games or programs and utilities

Just aguess, but I would say pagefile on a separate drive is massively
better, if it is used. If it is basically unused, then a RAID5 out
of 4 disks is probably still better....

Arno