Old May 19th 07, 01:48 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell
Charlie Allnut

Default Connect Parallel Printer to USB?

Just got me a nice new Dimension E521 desktop with WIN XP instead of Vista.
Very nice computer-- except Mikey saved a few bucks by leaving off a
parallel port. Now I see how he could get it on my doorstep in three days
for only $349!!

My little used and in excellent condition HP LaserJet 6L printer is parallel
output only-- so I picked up a parallel to USB adaptor but that didn't work.
No drivers for my printer are available on the little CD that came with the
adaptor and none turn up on a web search.

I guess I could add a parallel I/O card-- though there's not many spare
slots on the MB. Or I could set up an Ethernet or wireless print network--
but that's an expensive solution as is getting a new printer. Guess maybe my
sweet deal wasn't so sweet after all....

Any suggestions?