Old December 4th 06, 05:21 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Cronzor

Default Getting new SATA drive to show up

The "IDE Controller" in the device manager doesn't accept the drivers
on the floppy.

I tried booting to Windows Setup and pushing F6 then using the drivers
on the floppy and it seemed to work in detecting the drive (for setup
purposes only)..It did, however, keep my IDE drive as C:\ in the
partition list, so I aborted the installation for the time being.

My BIOS settings were to disable the IDE drive, so I have no idea why
Windows Setup had it listed there.

If I unplug the IDE drive and try that again would it see the SATA
drive as C:\?
Then replug the IDE to make it D:\?
Is there someplace I need to specify that the IDE shouldn't be first?
Normally I'd go through the whole master/slave thing but SATAs don't
have that..

Thanks for continued help.