Old December 2nd 06, 06:11 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
JAD

Default Getting new SATA drive to show up

"Cronzor" wrote in message
oups.com...

JAD wrote:
"Cronzor" wrote in message
ups.com...

Cronzor wrote:
Yep, updated to SP2 from plain ol' XP.

Where can I get the drivers and how can I go about installing them?

Would the "Promise" drivers be what I'm looking for here?

your motherboard drivers disk motherboard manufactures web site
controller website
what is happening in the device manager when the drive is hooked up?

An IDE Controller that isn't installed properly shows up.Yellow symbol.

thats the driver that needs to be updated. I have had luck by using the
device manager to 'update ' the driver and let it search the web/MS.
otherwise you need to get the driver from the mainboard manufacturer

Good luck