Old August 23rd 03, 07:47 PM
Henry Mortimer

Well, the use of the word Ultra in the name. It is misleading because it
suggests that the card is an Ultra. Also they don't publish their
memory/clock speeds. And the memory/clock speeds on the card as stated by
the packed utility are 300/400. Other benchmarking software reveals that
it's 57/100. Seems shady to me...

"BK24" wrote in message
Out of curiousity, what is deceiving about the name? Gainward always ships
there cards set at the lowest clock settings. Thats why they have there
utility with it to enable max clock settings for the card.
"Henry Mortimer" wrote in message
I searched for a FX5900 Ultra card on pricewatch and ran into the
following Gainward card labeled as follows: Gainward Ultra/760 GeForce
FX5600 128MB 8X Retail. I bought the card and as I waited for it,

searched
online to try and determine its clock/memory speeds. I found nothing.
The card arrived and scored poorly on 3DMarks. It came with a utility
that allowed for overclocking. The utility showed the untouched card as
having a core/memory speed of 300/400. 3DMarks showed it at being

57/100.
So, not only does Gainward market their card with a deceiving name, but

they
also artificially inlflate the specs on the card. That's probably why I
couldn't find any specs on their site.
I sent the card back and I am buying a Chainteck FX5600 Ultra card.

All
I can say is stay away from Gainward! I will never buy another one of

their
products.