Old November 24th 17, 01:17 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
SC Tom

Default cyberpower 1500pfclcd UPS

"Seymore4Head" wrote in message
Yesterday the power went off. My computer is on a UPS, but the
computer also went off. When the power came back on, the computer
didn't.
The UPS has a red reset button on the back. When I push it, nothing
happens. It has some very loose play. I tried pushing it very hard,
but no reset.
Can I assume the circuit breaker is bad?
I replaced the UPS with a power strip and all the computers are up and
running again.

There's also an on/off pushbutton on the front.
I just went through a similar experience with a CP 800. The battery was
dead, but it seemed to be working ok as a surge protector; I just had no
back-up time if the power went out.
I bought a new battery (cheaper than a new UPS), but found out that the
charging circuit must have been damaged sometime over the years I had this
thing. The battery would charge ok, but it would only last about 2 minutes
without power. Luckily, I had another 800 with no battery, so I put the new
battery in it and all was well.

On a side note, we used Cyber Power UPS's at work years ago, and found them
to be unreliable then. The only reason I had these two was that I bought
them in a company discount lot order, thinking they'd be ok for home use
that wasn't quite as critical as business servers. I'll probably go back to
APC once this one dies.
--

SC Tom