Old July 24th 08, 07:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
Marco De Vitis

Default Xerox 7232 on MacOS X

Hi,
I'd like to configure my MacBook (running OSX 10.5 Leopard) for printing
on a Xerox WorkCentre 7232 connected via ethernet on the same LAN.
I downloaded and installed the OSX drivers available from the Xerox
website, but I still cannot install the printer.

I tried selecting both LPD and IPP protocols and inserting the printer's
IP address; OSX can connect to the printer and even retrieve info such
as toner level and so on, but printing does not work: I either get
blank/gibberish pages, or nothing at all.

Besides selecting the proper printer driver I also tried using the
Generic PostScript Printer driver OSX suggests by default, to no avail.

Any clues?
Thanks.

--
Ciao,