Old February 14th 07, 10:26 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
BH2

Default Computer won't start - Help please

Thanks for the advice I will get a new one
Regards
Bob
"DaveW" wrote in message
. ..
It sounds like you've developed a thermal fault in the motherboard. Time
for a new motherboard, I'm afraid.

--
DaveW

----------------
"BH2" wrote in message
Hi Guys,
got a problem. can't get my computer to start. What has happened, few
time when I have left my computer running and I have returned to it
later, I couldn't wake it up. I either had to soft reboot it or switch
it off. It happened again tonight, but it would not reboot, and it would
not switch off holding in the off/on switch. I had to switch the power
off., but then it would not switch on again. I put a meter on the
switch and that was working, so I changed the PSU(a new one I had), but
it still would not power up, could the mobo be dead, it is an Epox
9NDA3J. Any help or advice really appreciated. Just one thing I missed,
some times when I pressed the on/off button to power up, the power light
flashed then nothing happened, I had to switch the power off and wait 10
seconds then switch it on again, to power it up
Regards
Bob