Old January 1st 04, 08:03 PM
Wes Newell

On Thu, 01 Jan 2004 14:17:10 +0000, Rob Thompson wrote:

"Amir Facade" wrote in message
"Rob Thompson" wrote in message
I have a GA-7VAX with a Barton 2500, 512 PC2700, working fine @ 1827mhz

That board is a great stable board, but when you raise the FSB it also
raises the PCI and AGP buses. Sooo, you are going to be limited to what

Thanks for the info. I have the MB switches set to Auto, but can I bump the
muliplier by setting the switches to 12.5?

Changing the multiplier to 12.5 will give you a 2800+ (assuming the cpu
isn't locked). If you want a little more, setting the FBS to 176 will give
you 2200MHz and shouldn't be a problem for most PCI/AGP devices.