Old May 9th 09, 03:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul L

Default Troublesome PC - Power on and Boot Issues

Hi all,

I have the following issues of my PC.

** Powering (or Turning on) the PC can sometimes require switching the
machine on and off 2 times before reaching the BIOS Screen.

** Bios screen has displayed an error message stating that an incorrect CPU
speed is being used, BUT I have been running the PC at the same speed for
over 3 years.

** The CPU normally runs at a speed of 1733 MHZ, although I have reduced it
to 1110 GHZ in order to function.

** Within the past month I have been hearing a noise within the case of my
PC, although I have dusted, vacuumed and used an electronic spray to clean
the insides, and have eliminated this issue.

PLEASE NOTE: A solution which I do not want is to buy a new system. I am
quite content with this system.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

The following are my PC Specifications

Processor: AMD Athlon(TM) XP 2100+