Old March 10th 16, 04:24 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Charlie Hoffpauir

Default Using Storage Spaces with win 10

On Thu, 10 Mar 2016 08:28:29 -0600, Charlie Hoffpauir
wrote:

I'll try to build my temporary multi-disk system this weekend, and if
successful, run a few speed tests. A quick look at the documentation
seems to indicate lots of flexibility in "what" you're able to test.

Well, I tried to run DiskSpd on my present build, but no joy. I got
the program to run with this command line:

diskspd –b8K –d30 –o4 –t8 –h –r –w25 –L –Z1G –c20G Y:\iotest.dat
DiskSpeedResults.txt

And it runs for a while (probably about 30 sec) and no text file is
written to the disk. Looking at the disk (a 2-way mirror volume) I see
the 20 GB data file that the program creates, but no text file. If I
can't get it to run on my present system, there's no sense in building
up the temp system with more disks.