Old June 5th 04, 04:21 AM
HH

doS, in the case of AVG I must disagree with you. I've found it to be an
excellent anti-virus program and have used it for 3 years, with no virus
issues whatsoever. No trojans, worms, nada.....and I surf all over the
place. Have you had problems with it? If so, what specifically is your
complaint? Just curious.
HH

"doS" wrote in message
You get what you pay for...;-)

"Dennis Kessler" wrote in message
"doS" wrote:

If its a worm or trojan, it is trying to mail itself out, AVG is kinda

sucky
also.

What's the problem with AVG?

"Dennis Kessler" wrote in message
Pat Blank wrote:

Dennis Kessler wrote in

I think not. I think it has to do with me enabling the keyboard

'easy
access buttons.' ...Much of the Compaq software was unchecked in

the
msconfig startup tab. I check 'em to enabled the Compaq stuff,

and
it
seems like that is when the mail and the disk access problem

began.

Also, I checked the computer with the lastest AVG anti-virus

software.

Thanks.

-Dennis

Could be that the easy access keys are malfunctioning. If you

disable
these and it stops then bingo.

I tried that. I think an email was created and is queued somewhere.

The
email never does get sent (something is fortunatly not configured
right). I see on my router's log file that an smtp mail failed, each
time. I just don't know where to look to stop the queued mail. Also,

it
might be related to the ongoing intermittent disk access.

-Dennis

--
Dennis Kessler
http://denniskessler.com/acupuncture