Old February 23rd 09, 04:12 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
VanguardLH[_2_]

Default Trying to get 3-way SLI to work

wrote:

When using just one video card and still not being able to POST, I'd
suspect your build is faulty. *Have you checked the CPU fan is spinning,
that the heatsink is firmly seated atop the CPU, remember to use thermal
paste, checked voltages on the output taps from the PSU, made sure there
was a load on the PSU other than the mobo, like attach a hard disk?

CPU spins, heatsink is seated, what do you mean when you say check
taps?

Get a digital multimeter and measure the voltages at the taps (the
connectors on the wire harness ends from the PSU).

I have tried every possible different connection -- with HDD, without
-- changed SATA ports, etc. It is now a personal challenge, if you get
my meaning. The machine is winning right now!

Did you check you weren't off by a pin for the 20-pin connector from the
PSU to the mobo?

Change the CMOS battery yet? Some mobos won't boot with a dead or
missing battery.

Have you shorted the 2-pin mobo header to clear CMOS, waiting 10
seconds, removed it, and rebooted?