Old July 25th 03, 09:39 AM
AD C

Peter wrote:

I solved it!!

I opened my computer, took the drive out, took it in my right arm, moved in
front of a wall and like a baseball pitcher I threw it... a big bang... the
thing was definitely gone this time... went to the store... bought a new
hard drive and everything works again!

I didn't even bother about the ****ing warranty!
No more Western Digital for me... **** drives! (too many bad experiences)

And my Server? It runs more smoothly than ever! ha!

Um, not need for the swearing.

I used WD drives in my old Amiga, the one was fine, but the second one
started to have problems after a few months.
I now use Seagate when i can, they may be a little slower than some, but
they are reliable. Maxtor have also improved a lot, there was a time
when they was noisy and a bit unrealiable. But i know someone who got a
maxtor and been using it for almost 3 years now and no problems what so
ever.