Old January 11th 04, 01:17 AM
kony

On Sun, 11 Jan 2004 00:56:40 GMT, Bogdan wrote:

Hello. I was wondering if it was possible to
OC the following system:

P4 2.8C 800FSB
ASUS P4P800 Deluxe
2X512MB PC3200 Dual Channel RAM

I haven't done any overclocking before but
something tells me any CPU overclocking would
need to have the RAM speed down, no? Thanks.

No, you would want either faster memory to support higher bus rate, or
to have chosen a CPU with only 533FSB, so the motherboard and memory
had more margin to increase to 800FSB and beyond, or both the faster
memory and slower spec'd CPU bus.

Since you haven't done any overclocking I suggest you read a few
"howto" type websites. I don't know which are modern enough to give a
good overview of O'Cin' the P4, so perhaps a Google search will help.