Old October 20th 04, 03:26 AM
Craig Gobbi

OK thanks, I was tring to avoid that but, if I must.
Ta
Craig

"DaveW" wrote in message
If you change the motherboard that a harddrive with the OS on it uses,
then you MUST reformat the harddrive and do a fresh install of the OS.
Otherwise you can look forward to ongoing nasty Registry errors on your
system.

--
DaveW

"Craig Gobbi" wrote in message
I am about to replace my Ausu A7A166 mainboard and AMD1.6+ cpu with
somethin faster (havent decided on what yet) I just want to do a straight
swap into my case keeping all of the cards I have now including a
GF5900fx. I am running XP pro.
My question is will the hard drive chuck a wobbly the 1st time it is
started with a new mainboard installed?

Is there a good way to do this?
Thanks for any help
Craig