Old August 20th 04, 08:42 PM
maurice

Default nvidia mainboard swap

I have have to replace a nvidia chipset mainboard a gigabyte ga7n400, with
another mainboard but really dont want to have to do a reinstall of XP.
Ideally Id replace with the same model but its a very tight budget (and a
very long story!) so I was looking at using another Gigabyte nforce chipset
board either the ga7n400L or a new model ga7nf-rz which I can find no info
on beyond it uses mcp and spp.

I know the sound will be different(the pro uses the nvidia soundstorm chip)
but hopefully this wont be a terminal
problem, its differences in the different flavors of the nforce chipset I'm
most concerned about. I was hoping that the core logic for ide drives etc
would be close enough not to cause a problem but if the past history of this
job has any bearing then I'm screwed!

any thoughts on these issues much appreciated

cheers

Maurice