Old July 17th 20, 05:20 PM posted to alt.windows7.general,alt.comp.os.windows-10,comp.sys.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.chips
Andy Burns[_6_]

Default Linux founder tells Intel to stop inventing 'magic instructions' and 'start fixing real problems'

Andy Burns wrote:

VanguardLH wrote:

You don't get a GUI desktop, like Gnome or KDE.

Not this year (unless you install an X11 server within windows

Having mentioned it, I thought I'd better try it ...

I already have WSL2 and Fedora32 installed, so I installed VcXsrv on my
Win10, and then tries xeyes which runs fine, glxgears which runs so fast
that the gears almost look stationary, and thunderbird.