Old June 21st 12, 06:02 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
Wes Newell[_2_]

Default Swapping a cooler fan

On Thu, 21 Jun 2012 17:37:10 +0100, Seasidepeter wrote:

With no overclocking, the cpu seems to idle at around 42/43C. Under the
torture test it rises to 62, at which point I stopped the test. Call me
a chicken, but I don't want to blow it up just yet!

Using the TR2-R1 my X4 idles at 1C above room temp, and has never went
over 40C. I also have a 120mm fan in the side cover, which helps
tremendously feeding room air direct to cpu and case. The largest cpu fan
in the world won't help if it's sucking 40C case air.