Old July 1st 07, 07:39 PM posted to comp.periphs.printers
[email protected]

Default proactively replace HP fuser?

On 1-Jul-2007, "Rev. G.G. Willikers " wrote:

So, I have a HP LaserJet 5000 which has 150k pages on it. The HP
recommendation is to do a major service - fuser and rollers at this
point. What is the convenitional wisdom on this?

Wait until it goes wrong, some HP LaserWriters from the late 80's like
the LaserJet IID & III are still going strong, though I did have to re-engineer
the fuser part of the AC power supply when the triac went south.
Fuser itself no problems, you can still get replacement bulbs if you
need one, but no same part number replacement for the triac or
opto-coupler.