Old April 25th 05, 12:46 AM
Alfred Kaufmann

On Sun, 24 Apr 2005 14:26:54 -0500, "Hans Wankle"
wrote:

Be advised to stay away from Abit at all cost. I had problems with an Abit
board. Took forever to get an RMA. Sent it back and they sent the very same
board back to me without a serial number. I had put a small ID mark on the
board. I installed the board and it had never been repaired. Had the very
same problems. I contacted them about the problem and they wanted a serial
number. Since they had removed the original number, there was none on the
board. I had taken pictures of the board before I sent it back so I included
them in an email to their sales dept. along with the original Receipt and
original RMA numbers. After about two weeks they gave me another RMA and I
sent the board back. They kept it a month and sent it back. However, it was
not even the same model and the returned board was defective. I threw the
returned board in the garbage can where all Abit boards should go and
purchased an Asus. NO trouble at all with Asus. Hope this helps.

You had no problem getting an RMA from ASUS?

If you are just saying the board you got from ASUS worked then you are
talking apples and oranges. All the boards I got from ABit since my
first BH6 worked (still working in a friend machine) too. Never had
to deal with RMAs.

If they sent you a replacement board without a serial number on it, I
would have returned it and would never deal with them again. Sounds
like something bought on EBay. Just how old was this motherboard you
were trying to replace?

Ak