Old September 15th 03, 05:48 PM
bob

Lee Kingston wrote in
1:

Have you tried changing the font substitution settings in the driver
to avoid downloading fonts?

No, what settings should be changed, and where exactly is this done?

Double click on the printer in the printers folder, "Printer-Properties",
The "advanced" tab, the "printing defaults" button, the "Paper/quality"
tab, the "advanced" button. You get "substitute with device font" as an
option under "graphic - truetype font".

Can you print a page in a .pdf file which contains no text?

All the .pdf files I want to print all contain text. (I have been able
to print very simple .pdf document pages with text.) To test one with
no text, do you have a link to a .pdf file with no text?

Try the adobe driver first, with font substitution enables, and if that
doesn't work, I can make a small pdf to email you. The real answer to
your question might be: if you want to print modern pdf documents, then
you need to buy a new printer.

Bob