Old September 10th 03, 02:12 AM
Lee Kingston

bob 1xwj.ReverseThePartBeforeTheDot@bellsouthnet wrote in
:

.pdf is very closely related to postscript. One of the things it does
is encode fonts. It looks like you're running into problems with
downloaded fonts. Fonts can be several hundred K easily, your 2Mb will
fill up quick.

Have you installed the postscript driver from Adobe's website? The
Microsoft postscript driver is somewhat lacking? The MS drivers tend
to have problems with Adobe software.

No, I must be using the standard Microsoft postscript driver for Windows
2000. I'll try the Adobe driver.

Have you tried changing the font substitution settings in the driver
to avoid downloading fonts?

No, what settings should be changed, and where exactly is this done?

Can you print a page in a .pdf file which contains no text?

All the .pdf files I want to print all contain text. (I have been able
to print very simple .pdf document pages with text.) To test one with
no text, do you have a link to a .pdf file with no text?