Old September 14th 03, 11:50 AM
Anders Albrechtsen

"NickNick" wrote in message
news
Please excuse my total ignorance, but are the problems with the FX cards
driver or hardware related. I have always been an "nVidia man" and want to
buy an FX5900. If the problems are driver related, I would be optimistic

and
buy the card hoping that future drivers would solve the problems. If the
problems are hardware related, then obviously, drivers will never not

solve
the problems. If the latter, I will have to think again regarding what to
buy.
Thanks in advance for any help.

If you're referring to DirectX 9 performance the problems are related to the
hardware implementation. Judging frm the recent benchmarks it seem the
GeForceFX cards are not able to run full precision Pixelshader 2.0 effects
nearly as fast as ATI's Radeon R3xxx and RV3xx cards. I'm sure nVidia are
able to improve performance somewhat, but driver updates alone cannot make
up for a faulty design.
---
Anders