Old June 28th 03, 06:59 AM
DrSpider

Hi.. I gave some wrong advice,, I just tested this right before I replied
to you,, So here it is,,

The PC-VCR option to line out,, check on.
Connect the cable from breakout box to a TV/VCR
Minimize the TV turner card window..
Open your DVD player and start movie.
The sound should come out your computer speakers and TV speakers at the same
time..

I tried this with the Matrax DVD player...

Another option could be if your sound card has a line out, then you'll need
a cable (single stereo female jack that will split into 2 RCA jacks for you
TV/VCR) I now remeber that this is how I did it.

DrSpider

"takitimu" wrote in message
Hi ..DrSpider ...Thanks for your reply....I found "output to video line
out" is this the TV out option you refer to......I have the same set up as
your self ...I run leads between the breakout out box (beside the monitor
and Power sockets) to my VCR inputs.....As I understand this is
correct.............Yet something is not right/happening......I have another
Matrox Marvel card /breakoutbox etc and wondering if I should try
it.................
I presume that the audio lines "out" from the breakout box should be
carrying Audio and if one feeds them into an amp and there is no
audio....this means that either I have a setting missed or the Matrox card
is no good.....The manual sure is a great help??????
Taki NZ.

"DrSpider" wrote in message
I have the Marvel g400-tv, (TV turner card) PC-VCR has an option for out

TV, I have use this option to copy DVD to tape, (Win 98se) if you have

this
card, set up the option and then closed the PC-VCR and then open the DVD
player, With this option, any movie player will out put to the TV/VCR.

After done recording, I turn the this option off again...

Hope that helps..

DrSpider

"takitimu" wrote in message
Whats the secret to copying my latest DVD purchase out from my PCDVD

player
via Matrox Marvel G400 out to be taped on my VCR...... I have connected
the breakout box out lines ...to my VCR in lines on my VCR as the Matrox
instruction book says....
and have set my VCR to "line in".........There is just some setting I have
not got right here.....Dual head is disabled ......Any help would be
gratefully appreciated....
Taki
NZ.