Old January 31st 08, 12:25 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd
peter

Default Dear AMD,,, (Fan settings, what do you use?)

The first thing I do when I buy a new chip.........is also buy a new and
Better heatsink one that's capable of 120mm Fan.
Then I buy the fan that pushes the most air at the least noise...and turn
off all Fan Control and let that sucker blow.
Scythe S-FLEX SFF21F 120MM Cooling Fan 1600RPM 28.0DBA 63.7CFM FDB
Thermalright HR-01 Plus 6 Heatpipe Cooler LGA775 AM2 CPU Heatsink *Fan Not
Included*

Now that the Cooling and noise level is under control.......its time to over
clock.
And as I sit here 2 feet from my OC'd Intel core 2 duo..from 2.3 to 3.2 I
can barely hear the thing.

Based on the info you gave your fan settings are fine
peter

"Craig Fink" wrote in message
...Ten years an AMD fan, but the Fan couldn't keep up. Just returned a
Phenom processor Quad 9500 with Al fan when the motherboard started
beeping
at me. Did something I haven't done in fifteen years, Q6600, it not true
quad but doesn't have cache problems. The Fan was undersized in my Box.

I'm an Nvidia fan too, CUDA...
http://youtube.com/watch?v=WCU7wlusSDI
...c or c++, Fortran fan here, but parallel processing is....

Current Fan settings on my new Q66 with ECS G31T-M...
AMT bios
Smart Fan Start PMM value... 0
Smart Fan Start Temp. (C)... 37
CPU DeltaT... +5
Smart Fan Slope PWM Value... +15 (PWM/C)
CPU Fan Full Limit Temp 45C

Being green, slowing the fan down when there is no load is important,
these
settings give me at idle,

CPU Temp 38C or 100F
CPU Fan Speed 1070RPM

The fan Tops out 2050RPM at 45C.

Comments?
What Fan setting are you using? I figure full speed at 45C leaves plenty
of
padding before my ECS G31.... shuts down at 70C.

Ron Paul in 08! ;-)
--
Craig Fink
Courtesy E-Mail Welcome @