Old January 4th 04, 09:35 PM
Thomas

Ken Fox wrote:
With the manual settings the one thing I can't change (at least from
what I have seen with this bios) is the CPU:RAM ratio. If you can
tell me where that is in this bios, as a changeable option, please
do. I can't find it. I have not tried to push the FSB up beyond 240;
up to that point the CPU:RAM ratio still showed 3:2, which gave
pretty lousy benchmarks.

Hmm i'm using a DFI Lanparty 875Pro....

snip

If somehow I was able to get the FSB up to 450, that would give me a
CPU running at 3.25GHz. Even if I got the RAM to run at 5:4 at 450,
that is an effective memory speed of 360, minus whatever performance
hit occurs from having to arbitrate this 5:4 ratio. Right now, my
RAM is running at 440, 22% (at least) faster than I'd get with the
5:4 CPU to RAM ratio. So, assuming I could accomplish what you
propose, my CPU would be running 13% faster and my RAM 22% (or more)
slower.

Erm.... some calculation errors;

Standard FSB = 200 (CPU = 2600 MHz)
My FSB = 250 (CPU = 3250 MHz)

CPU/Mem ratio: 5:4 = mem speed for 200 MHz; 400 DDR.

So, I have the mem at 400 MHz, spec speed for your memory. Maybe you can up
the FSB even higher, making the mem perform a bit faster...

Thomas