Old February 26th 04, 09:53 PM
Lil' Dave

"Butty" wrote in message
What's the general consensus on external hard drives.

Guess you'll find out after you run your poll. Question mark (?) is
appropriate after a question.

I am looking to set
one up as a backup device but not sure whether to go for a host powered

USB
drive (in the region of 40 - 60GB) or go for a 120GB externally powered

USB
drive.

Go firewire. USB2, close second.

Ideally I want a dive I can plug in and leave it do its incremental and

full
backups without having to turn the power on and off at system start-up and
shutdown. What are the externally powered drives like for leaving powered

on
all the time and is it advisable to do or not do this?

Be sure its well cooled.

cheers

Butty

Let us know the percentage count on your poll.
Dave