Old October 23rd 20, 08:26 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
bad sector

Default press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-23 13:40, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

I use Linux only but even with windows a driver wouldn't do diddley
before the OS loads.

True, but I thought you said the keyboard was slow after the OS loaded,
too. Maybe the driver would provide a quicker interface to the device
than the standard HID driver bundled in Windows.

I don't use windows as such but there's no problem
with the keyboard under any Linux distro OS nor under
windows (without a driver) running as a virtual machine
(vbox) under Linux.

Come to think of it there having been very few times
when I _could_ enter into BIOS for editing while holding
down the 'Del' key, maybe it wasn't because of the delete
key at all but because of some other hangup. Once the
boot gets to the grub boot menu the keys may still be
without effect X times out of 10 but then all I have
to do is plug the keyboatrd into another usb port
(maybe just cycle it in the same one). This part
holds some of the answer I'm sure. I know grub does
a lot of sniffing but that's all way over my head.