Old October 22nd 20, 10:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware
bad sector

Default press 4 to unlock core

On 2020-10-22 15:41, VanguardLH wrote:
bad sector wrote:

Having 'increasing' probs with my 8-core AMD destktop.
The board is an asus-xhair-IV

/
No, it's "Crosshair" --- but which model is unspecified.

If you want to severely narrow down the responses to only those that
have this product to know you meant crosshair instead of x then don't
use abbreviations that would be uncertain to other users. In order for
other users (not of this particular motherboard) to be able to lookup
the product to know what it is to help you, don't make them guess as to
what you have.

Noted, my sincere apologies.

From what I found in searches, the product's name could be:

ASUS Crosshair IV Formula
or
ASUS Crosshair IV Extreme

it's Crosshair IV Formula

The CMOS battery is probably dead. It cannot maintain the contents of
the CMOS table, so the contents of that table are corrupt or invalid
forcing the BIOS to load the defaults from the EEPROMs. Replace the
CMOS battery, reset the BIOS (use a jumper to short the 2-pin header on
the motherboard) to ensure the defaults get loaded into the CMOS table,
and retest.

I put a new one in it, no cigar, same problems