Old November 24th 08, 09:10 PM posted to comp.sys.intel,alt.intel,comp.sys.ibm.pc.games.action
Ant

Default Which Intel CPUs should I get?

I forgot to mention that I do not OC.

On 11/24/2008 2:59 AM PT, Ant typed:

Hello all.

I am planning to upgrade my computer again next month. I am at a loss on
which Intel Core 2 Duo CPU to get since there are so many models:

E7300 (2.66 ghz 1066 fsb) = $135
E7400 (2.8 ghz 1066 fsb) = $155
E8200 (2.66 ghz 1333 fsb) = $175
E8400 (3.0ghz 1333 fsb) = $190
E8500 (3.16ghz 1333 fsb) - $205
Q6600 (2.4 ghz 1066 fsb) = $200
Q8200 (2.33 ghz 1333 fsb) = $210

I am planning to have 2 GB of RAM, ATI Radeon HD 4850(most likely)/4870
(all details cranked up at 1280x1024 resolution), use Windows XP Pro.
SP3 (screw Vista and its DirectX 10+), etc.

Thank you in advance.

--
"It is certain that there may be extraordinary mental activity with an
extremely small absolute mass of nervous matter: thus the wonderfully
\ _ / Nuke ANT from e-mail address: NT
( ) or