Old January 12th 06, 02:06 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 & 1790 *Update*

I only use Partition Magic
It is the best and the Industry standard

If just 2.1 GIG
A dos 6 #1 Disk is also good

That is why they are 2.1 because of dos 6.22
"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"Felix" wrote in message

Seriously a good program to use is Bart's Disktool... I got it on a

boot
cd
rom somewhere around here.

ok... it's the same... a low level format with check after it...

I got sick of the 2.1gb which would spin up maybe 1 in 10 times (if

lucky)
so I low level formatted that 10.2gb with the track 0 error after I did

non destructive test and it stopped straight away with 20 errors.

So its definetely cream crackered my friend also gave me a 1.2gb
Western
Digital so I booted to dos and formatted it no errors. I then ran Ghost

and
copied the Windows 2000 install from the 2.1gb to the 1.2gb and am
using
that now.

144mb free space lol with Windows 2000 (no service pack) and IE6sp1 +
messenger 7.0.

Did I have some hassle trying to ghost it though. I had a boot cd with

Ghost
on it (but no copy command) and a boot floppy setup for networking
support
(ie no Ghost program or copy command etc). I had to disconnect the 2.1gb
connect the 1.2gb to primary with the CD Rom on the secondary and boot

from
cd. The 1.2gb had a FAT32 partition already on it with Windows 98

installed.
So I changed directory to c:\windows\system and used the move command to

That's c:\windows\command of course not system