Old January 12th 06, 12:24 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq

Default Compaq Deskpro EN 6266 & 1790 *Update*

"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message
"Nick Le Lievre" wrote in message

and to make matters worse I haven't got any decent screws to screw the CD
Rom in place so the one I used just about holds it in place as long as you
don't apply too much pressure. I can usually get the system on with the
power button but I have more difficulty getting it off. Its a peice of

crap
really I haven't got any case screws and the CD Rom isn't properly aligned
to the front of the case. Plus the floppy has lost is eject button so
there's just a hole there now lol. Oh well it'll do for my Internet

purposes
while my other PCs are unavailable.

Searched google found that by enabling APM mode the PC now shuts down
instead of displaying the "Its now safe to turn off your computer" its
installed as a standard PC all the other PCs I ever came across that
shutdown automatically were installed as ACPI Pcs under Computer in device
manager. I didn't know enabling APM would allow a standard PC to shutdown (I
guess this motherboard has ACPI features but for some reason they weren't
detected during installation) anyone know why ?