Old August 3rd 05, 01:07 AM
Al

Default Compaq 2100 won't boot

I have a factory refurbished Compaq 2100 series notebook that quit booting.
AMD 2.xx, 512megs,60?gig hdd, CDR/?DVD, XP Home. It quit booting, no video,
all I get is the power button light, power light, and wireless NIC lights
flashing 5 times the on steadily. No video of any kind. The manual said to
charge the battery for 8 hrs and try again if that fails press the reset
button on the bottom, if that fails re-seat the RAM. All has failed.
I'm well versed on desktops but not note books, there for I'm lost. I
thought I'd try here before calling Compaq. The warranty was out July 3rd
Any Ideas?

TIA!