Old June 6th 19, 06:36 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt,alt.comp.os.windows-10
Zaghadka

Default "Microsoft Announces Modern OS" by Paul Thurrott

On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 21:49:29 -0400, in alt.comp.os.windows-10, Mayayana
wrote:

"Lynn McGuire" wrote

| TL;DR - Microsoft is rebranding Win RT.
|
| Now that makes sense !

I'm not so sure about that. They recently announced the
opposite:

https://www.theverge.com/platform/am...-windows-store

Oh, they may rework the UWP or ditch it entirely, but what they're still
trying to do is create a light OS in a walled garden that runs on more
than just x86/x64 in order to be Apple, which they just aren't.

It's not literally going to be Win RT, but it'll be the same dumb ideas
on a different day. So, in spirit, Win RT then.

Microsoft frequently goes "back to the future." They also ditch products
quickly and leave users twisting when it goes wrong, like Windows Phone
(several iterations) and Zune.

So much for buying into the Store and UWP. They will probably ditch it
and leave people twisting again. Lucky for me I don't have much UWP
software that I've bought.

Or it's yet another compatibility layer they're going to have to add.
Maybe it'll be called UWPOW?

They keep pulling this "Oooh SQUIRREL!" stuff and they complicate their
product to the point where they can't do QA on it any more. Not good.

--
Zag

No one ever said on their deathbed, 'Gee, I wish I had
spent more time alone with my computer.' ~Dan(i) Bunten