Old November 28th 08, 02:38 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Peaceful Bill

Default Need Video Card Recommendation

Peter wrote:
I'm about to build a new PC and I need recommendations on a video card.
These are my applications and requirements:

I do a lot of photo editing and a lot of video editing. I want to be able
to play Blu-Ray DVDs and work with HiDef video. I do NOT do any gaming at
all. All of my other applications are low video usage.

I will be using a high-end ASUS motherboard. Windows XP. Maybe Vista or
more lilely Win 7 in the future. I have a 24" LCD monitor.

The card must be PCIe 2.0. It must support two DVI monitors. I would
like an HDMI output too but that's not a requirement.

Quality, performance and compatibility are the most important factors.
Price is secondary. I am willing to spend a little more to get something
better for my applications but I don't want to waste money on features or
capabilities I will not use.

Given all of that what cands/manufacturers do you recommend?

Thanks.

Peter
--

**Remove Xs to reply by e-mail**

You can find some good deals on eBay. 7950GT with 512mg would be a good
card for your application. Plenty of horsepower, look for them between
$50 and $75. They have dual DVI outputs.