Old November 11th 08, 12:41 PM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Gorby[_2_]

Default Raid Array: Faster Startup Times?

Beemer wrote:
"(PeteCresswell)" wrote in message
Per Beemer:
Slightly off topic reply but if you want fast start up for Office 2007
then
try OpenOffice. Its free, can open and edit any MS Office doc and is
very
fast to open.

Unfortunately, I make my living developing apps for the Dark
Side.... -)
--
PeteCresswell

Pete,

You might want to consider using 4GB (3.4GB 32 bit windows) memory and no
page file or using a usb flash memory stick for the pagefile.

regards,

Beemer

Yes! I agree with Open Office, HOWEVER using a fast memory stick -
Readyboost DOES make apps that you use often, open faster. I give a tick
to MS for that feature.

cheers
Gorby