Old November 6th 05, 11:54 PM
Impmon

Default What OS for a separate file server box? was The Terabyte Hard Drive i

On Sun, 06 Nov 2005 14:28:40 -0800, Lady Margaret Thatcher
wrote:

Say I wanted to build a file server for my home LAN. A sort of "set
it and forget it" type affair. What OS? Linux? Windows? 2003
Storage Server?

I'd go with Linux. Once you figure out how to use Linux, you can
simply set it and forget. Not bloated like Windows (and free to
boot!) plus Linux is generally not prone to software problems and
viruses.