Old October 1st 03, 12:54 PM
Bagpuss

On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 11:21:51 +0100, "Lee J. Moore"
wrote:

I just realised that I used the ST from 1987 to 1994 and it cost £350. I
could never get 7 years out of a PC these days.

Oh yes you could. Stick a four port (or wireless) ethernet card in it,
install a lightweight linux distribution on it, use it as a router that
serves four 'puters the internet via your DSL connection. Old PCs never
die, they just need a new hobby.

Altertivly just use the same apps that came with the PC, which means
it still gets its intended use. Providing the capacitors on the mobo
don't go off or something else pops.

Just turning the PC into an overly power consuming expensive 4 port
router is cheating :-)

--
This post does not reflect the opinions of all saggy cloth
cats be they a bit loose at the seams or not