Old June 9th 04, 05:24 AM
VirtualSean

Stephane,

I am interested in reading the referenced paper, however, a Google search
produced this:

www.ece.northwestern.edu/~schiu/sd/OE.pdf

dead link.

Can you perhaps supply an active link to this paper?

Thanks.

--
VirtualSean

Stephane Guyetant wrote in message ...
I read in a recent PhD dissertation: "Due to the higher complexity of
micro-actuation and track-tracing required during track and head
switches, increased disk storage density actually decreases the disk
bandwith."

Wow! My reference figure for that matter was that disk bandwith keeps
increasing at a 40% rate per year. But I've just checked last barracuda
drive: it has a sustained bandwidth of 58MB/s, not much more than last
year, huh?

Anyway I don't understand the argument about the complexity...