Old January 1st 04, 11:40 PM

"Ben" schreef in bericht
om...
Hi,

I recently bought 2500 Barton which I've popped into an Abit NF7-S,
when I increase the FSB to 200 however (with all other settings at
stock) I get a message on boot that "ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt"
and XP fails to boot up....When I set it back to 2500 it boots up
fine...

I did manage to get it to boot last night after increasing the voltage
to 1.75 but it still seemed unstable (crashed when running 3D-Mark
2003)....

Does anyone know what this error message indicates?

Nothing, really. Unstable overclocked processor cause all sorts of
miscellaneous error messages and crashes. It just means that your processor
won't work at this clock frequency at this voltage. You may want to try
increase the voltage even more (and shorten the life of your processor,
sometimes extremely).