Old January 11th 08, 05:08 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Sjouke Burry

Default Change OS install file dates?

pcbldrNinetyEight wrote:
Sjouke Burry wrote in
:

pcbldrNinetyEight wrote:
I built a WIN98 pc in November of last year. While installing the OS
I accidentally set the date to 11/11/13. I would like to change the
dates of all files dated 11/11/13 to 11/11/07. Is this possible? Is
there a freeware utility that might automate this task?

If I cannot find a reasonable method of changing the dates of these
files then I thought I might reinstalling the OS over the current
install and set the date to 11/11/07. Will this overwrite the
registry and all system files? Will I have to reinstall any currently
installed software? I don't have much software installed so
reinstalling wouldn't be difficult. Do you see any problems with this
plan?

If I have to deltree the drive and reinstall the OS then so be it. I
just thought it might be a little easier to overwrite the existing
install. I thought this might save the hassle of reinstalling drivers
and everything else that needs to be done during a clean install.
What do you think?

Get a touch utility, set date and time to the required value,
then use the touch utility to set the date and time to the
current value on the files you want to.
Dont forget to set date and time back to the current value.

Before I made this post I looked for such a utility but I came up empty
handed.

google for
"touch.exe xp"
(no quotes) and the first entry gives what you want(I think).
Have fun.