Old September 27th 19, 07:21 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Norm Why

Default MCP73VE PC no Boot

"Paul" wrote in message
Norm Why wrote:
"Paul" wrote [snippage]

Thanks again Paul for corecting my mistake.

I ordered an Intel 95W TDP CPU cooler fan but it has not yet arrived. It
was coming from a reputable supplier, Newegg or Amazon. I even recall
seeing a tracking number. Now I need to pore through my records to
detemine where it is. Maybe still in customs? Just think I used a Q9650
CPU for years and neglected to upgrade the CPU cooler fan, That caused me
grief.

Today I ordered a replacement ATX mother board:
GIGABYTE GA-EP45-DS3L Desktop Motherboard P45 Socket LGA 775 For Core 2
Pentium
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/382969846902
From China.
Price, quality and shiping look good to me.

Comments?. Thanks.

There are 9650 entries in the CPU support table.

https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard...rt#support-cpu

Board has polymer caps.

I hope your DIMMs meet Intel expectations.

When you start the system *test with one of your DIMMs first*.
This will give an opportunity to evaluate what the motherboard
thinks of the DIMM. Check whether the entire DIMM is registered
when tested that way. I use nothing but 2GB DIMMs in mine
from that era. I have 4x2GB config of DDR2 on an X48 chipset.

Paul

Thanks Paul for the advice. I found my Q9650 cooler fan $31.04 purchase from
Amazon.com by looking at my credit card records. I cannot understand where
the other records went. I used the tracking number search. This is where it
gets weird. It was shipped from Sweden. Its arriving October 4 - 28. The
MOBO from Hong Kong may arrive before it.